sexta-feira, 15 de novembro de 2013

Parceria entre X-Raid e Leonid Novitskiy manter-se-á

“We regret travelling to South America without Leonid"

 Following the sensational third place he secured in the Dakar 2013, Russia’s Leonid Novitskiy wants to spend more time with his family, this year. After a total of four successful appearances in the legendary desert rally, he opted for doing without contesting next Dakar. While X-raid will hit the road to South America short before Christmas, it’s all about the family for Novitskiy on the Christmas days and New Year’s Eve. Nonetheless, this doesn’t mean that he retires from off-road rallying. The Muscovite wants to again go for it in 2014.

 Novitskiy has been racing for X-raid since 2008 and contributed a great deal to the successful history of the Trebur based team. In 2010 and 2011, he secured the FIA Cross County Rally World Cup title and in the 2012 Dakar he finished fourth with his MINI ALL4 Racing, thanks to an extremely consistent performance. To even up the ante in the following year and surprising the off-road rallying scene by finishing third.

  “We regret travelling to South America without Leonid,” underlined Team Manager Sven Quandt. “But I can really understand that he wants to spend more time with his family, this year. I’m convinced that he will cross his fingers for us and is going to follow our progress on TV.”

  “To not contest the Dakar after four years feels somewhat strange,” admitted Leonid Novitskiy.” But I never was at home on New Year’s Eve, in the past years, and on Christmas, my thoughts already were in South America. In addition, I had a rather tight business schedule, this year and therefore, I want to spend more time with my family, now. Next year I’m going to go for it, again. My fitness level is really high and when it comes to driving, nothing has changed. I wish X-raid all the best and a successful Dakar!”