quinta-feira, 5 de maio de 2011

Roma regressa à vitória (Press Original)


Heading south west and with a radical change of scenery for the 4th stage of the Oilibya Rally of Tunisia. Very fast tracks and navigation galore, before finishing with a much more technical portion of winding trails in the hills bordering the Bivouac of Ras El Oued. After two days of sand and dunes, the navigation enthusiasts were going to be happy. In the car category, the battle still rages between the buggy of Jean-Louis Schlesser (Buggy Schlesser No. 300) and the BMW X3 X-Raid team of the Russian Novitsky (No. 301) and Nani Roma (No. 302) is today's winner. In the bike category, the day's special was upset by the heavy fall of Chilean Francisco Lopez (Aprilia 450 No. 1) six kilometres from the finish.

First rider to pass the finish line in the fourth stage of the Oilibya Rally of Tunisia, is the young Polish Jakub Przygonski (KTM 450 No 15), leaving in pole position this morning, he was quite upset upon arrival. He was in the wake of Francisco Lopez (Aprilia 450 No 1) and he saw the Chilean fall heavily. Within moments, he triggered the alarm, Portugal's Helder Rodrigues (Yamaha 450 No. 3), then the Spaniard Jordi Viladoms (Yamaha 450 No 4) arrived at the scene, the Polish prodigy then got back on his bike in order to inform the arrival station, while the other two riders remained with “Chaleco” pending the arrival of the medical helicopter. In these circumstances it seems clear that the sporting interest of the 4th stage passes quickly into the background ... very quickly transported by helicopter to the medical unit of the bivouac, the Chilean pilot, conscious but suffering from a fractured leg and hand, and a thoracic trauma was immediately transferred by helicopter to a hospital in Djerba La Douce for further tests...

ENDURO CUP: ROUX LEARNS QUICKLY


In these difficult circumstances, we will concentrate on the Enduro Cup which has, meanwhile, celebrated its third different winner of the stage in as many days. Indeed the Frenchman Thierry Roux (KTM No. 252), on his first African rally, signing the fastest time of the day in front of Xavier Moreau (KTM No. 251) and Tobias Younger (KTM No. 255). Fourth: Thomas Bourgin (Husaberg No. 253) retains the overall lead ahead of Italy's Mossi (KTM No. 250). Congratulations to the Bulgarian duo consisting of Zomitsa Todorova (KTM 261) and Todor Hristov (CAN-AM No. 263) doing very well and always enjoying every moment.

QUAD: THE PAVLOV REFLEX


Always in the quad category, but in the FIM rankings, the Russian Dmitry Pavlov (Honda No 200) seems equally at home in the sand and on the fast and technical tracks. Signing his third stage victory in a row, despite the attempts of the Tunisian Karim Dilou (Yamaha 202), back in shape after a medical problem three days ago . Followed by the Italian Norbert Cangani (Polaris No. 203).

CARS: ROMA WINS THE SCRATCH BUT NOVITSKY REMAINS TOP OF THE OVERALL


Three cars arrived, in the precise order of departure, beware of appearances: in pole position and first arrived at Ras El Oued was Jean-Louis Schlesser and Konstantin Zhiltsov (Buggy Schlesser No. 300) who concede more than a minute and a half to the Russian Leonid Novitsky (BMW X3CC No. 301). The duo Roma / Perin (BMW X3CC No. 302), are nevertheless the winners of the day's special, comforting for the Hispano-French duo after their difficult stage yesterday ... As for Jean-Louis Schlesser, now second overall at just over a minute. He will have to take his departure order ( 3rd) in tomorrow's stage... In the wake of the leaders, Italy's Roberto Tonetti and Fabian Lurquin (Nissan Pathfinder No. 305) also made a comeback after “drowning” in the dunes of Ksar Ghilane. The Italian and Belgian duo beats the Czechs Zapletal / Ourednicek (BMW X3CC No. 307), Boris Garafulic (BMW X3CC No. 303), is definitely feeling more comfortable at the wheel of his new BMW. ...

TRUCKS: JACINTO IS HAVING FUN

Eighth in the combined classification car / truck, of the day is the Portuguese Elisabete Jacinto, accompanied by Charly Gotlib and Marco Cochinho (MAN No. 401). An excellent test in terms of steering and suspension settings for the Lusitanian, unbeaten on African soil since last year ...

WILDCAT TROPHY: GUILLOT DID WELL


Ninth passed the finishing line, Christophe Guillot and Jean-Pierre Garcin (No. 312) were nevertheless the first QT Wildcat and therefore first victory in a special of the Wildcat Trophy. Michel Visy and Sébastien Delaunay (No. 315), are still leading the overall trophy in front of Gaetan Ge and Annie Gauvineau (No. 320). As for Eugenie Decré and Patrick Antoniolli (No. 306), they got the 3rd time of the day, despite a puncture on the right rear tire. A small consolation after their 48-hour penalty, following engine trouble yesterday.

INTERVIEWS

BIKES

Jakub Przygonski (Pol / KTM 450 No 15) :
"Lopez overtook me 50 kilometers into the race and we rode together. The pace was very fast. When the accident occurred, near the finish, I was minute behind him. He was on the ground. I immediately raised the alarm on my Iritrack. When Helder Rodrigues arrived, we decided it was better that I inform the arrival post to confirm the request for emergency help... they were luckily already underway. "

Jacek Czachor (Pol / KTM 450 No 5) :
"I noticed on the road book that danger was approaching, so I slowed down and that's when I saw that Chaleco, he was on the ground. In my opinion he was surprised by a series of tight corners ... "

Jordi Viladoms (ESP / Yamaha 450 No 4) :
"It's never nice to go through this kind of event. Francisco is a friend. We are all very close and you will understand that in these circumstances, the sporting aspect is secondary ... I hope I have reassuring news before tonight. "

Thierry Roux (Fra / KTM No. 252) :
"This is my first African rally and I'm there to learn, especially in navigation. Yesterday was wonderful. We had time to enjoy the scenery. Today, however, the concentration was extreme because the track was fast and winding up to the end. But I did well... "

Alain Delaunay (Fra / KTM, No 257) : “A bit too fast, with a lot of hidden traps, easy to fall off. This is my second raid in Tunisia, In 2007 I attempted the Dakar but didn’t make it, but in 2010 I finished the race, and feel confident. So far I’ve been really enjoying this Rally, more sand than Morocco, and Tunisia is so welcoming, I feel very safe here, the organisation is great. “

Zornitsa Todorova (Bul / Quad KTM, No 261) :”I enjoyed the navigation; it was not easy, as this stage was very fast, but we decided to take it easy and make sure we finished the stage. It’s my first time in the desert and my teacher Todor (No 263) is helping me learn this fantastic sport. Yesterday was tougher for me, but I’m loving the fun and experience of this rally.

Todor Hristo (Bul / CAN-AM, No 263) : “I broke three ribs, in the last special of the Dakar, 37 Kms from the finish line, So the pain is still there but I so wanted to come to Africa for the first time...there’s no fesh-fesh here ! I am having so much fun that I am definitely coming to Morocco in October. And a quick word for the great medical team here, they stitched me up after I hit the controls yesterday, and did a fine job, thanks!”

CARS-TRUCKS

Nani Roma (Spa / BMW X3CC No. 302) :
"This stage was rolling and technical Michel and I have found our bearings in the BWM X3. We maintained a very high rhythm over 200 kilometers without taking too many risks and it paid off. I am obviously very pleased to offer this victory to my team. "

Jean-Louis Schlesser (Fra / Buggy Schlesser No. 300) :
"It was fast but, paradoxically, not really pro-buggies. However, we kept our own against the BMW. A little over a minute two specials from the end, it will be very difficult, but everything remains open ... "

Roberto Tonetti (Ita / Nisan Pathfinder No. 305) : "A perfect special for us. The car is really great and I am adapting a little better every day ... "

Elisabete Jacinto (Por / MAN No. 401) :
"It was not at all comparable to yesterday's stage. I enjoyed myself in terms of steering, but I also like it when, it's slower and more complicated for my truck. "

Christophe Guillot (Fra / QT Wildcat No. 312) : "Beautiful stage for us today with a car that runs like clockwork again. It's nice to get some speed on the technical stages. "

Eugenie Decré (Fra / QT Wildcat No. 306) :
"A much easier day, despite a flat tire, I had fun. Now I understand why my co pilot sometimes asks me to repeat a note, when one is focused on the driving, it's not always easy to listen to what the other person says ... "

Gaetan Ge (Fra / QT, No 320) : “Our car is definitely not the fastest, 130 to the most, so this terrain is not our favourite; we took the time to marvel at the incredible landscapes on this classic special. Yesterday we unfortunately stopped three times and lost some valuable time, but all is fine now.”

Amadeus Matzkher (Ger / Land rover Defender No 316) :
”Today was nice and fast with a lot of jumps and beautiful landscapes, just as I like it. We are testing different set ups everyday and the car is doing well. So far we had a bit of bad luck on the first day (the prop shaft broke and we finished the special in two wheel drive), but since then things are getting better and better. Oh! And I must say the rally is well organised!”

Ghilene Baaziz (Tun / Toyota, No 323) :”A lot of navigation, very different from yesterday and too many stones...We punctured twice on my side. This is my fifteenth rally in succession, eighteen in total, so I have a long experience here. Tunisia is on the way up; things are changing fast, go Tunisia!”

Hend Chaouch (Tun / Toyota, No 317) :
“I did not like this special at all! It was for the powerful cars not for us, and my steering is still faulty so I can’t feel my shoulder. This is my sixteenth year in succession, it’s the absolute record! (Man and woman combined). I want the rally to gain more competitors, and celebrities, come and join us!”

Rainer Krech (Ger / Land rover, No 321) :
”Fine stage, not difficult but I still prefer the dunes of the previous days. This is my second trip to Africa and I am liking it. This is a strong and solid car, but not the fastest so in this special we enjoyed the landscapes and the tracks was impressive, so we are enjoying it”.